We are accepting applications for a full-time chaplain (deadline is Nov 19th). Please share this with your community!
If you would like more information about ministry, please contact Madelaine Ley at: (416) 832-8854 or email@example.com
Boarding Homes Ministry (BHM or the Ministry) is conducting a search to fill its Executive Director position, to lead the Ministry across all its programs.
BHM develops communities of spiritual care in Canada’s inner-cities through frontline community engagement, education, and advocacy. Leading BHM requires splitting attention between regular visits in the homes, supporting volunteers, and working with funding bodies and the wider mental health community. Essential to these tasks is an ability to discern spiritual needs of others, dedication to deep pastoral care, and a commitment to social justice.
As BHM enters its third decade we are excited to expand its position in both mental health and religious communities. As such, we are looking for someone who is passionate about BHM’s work and is committed to sharing its insights through mentorship, workshops, and collaborative research. Our ideal candidate is innovative, creative, and able to take on multiple projects and work flexible hours. Training in pastoral care and some experience in inner-city ministry or mental health care is required.
- Frontline Community Engagement:
- Weekly visits to boarding homes
- Pastoral care beyond boarding home visits (ex. hospital visits)
- Organizing annual boarding home events (ex. barbeques and holiday parties)
- Mentoring theology students
- Leading or participating in workshops for team members
- Writing newsletters, blog posts, and/or research
- Continuing BHM’s advisory role for spiritual approaches to mental health care
- Connecting and participating with multi-faith community on mental health care
- Additional Responsibilities:
- Active communication with funding bodies
- Taking on initiatives for growth
- Training in pastoral care
- Minimum of Master’s degree in theology or related field of study
- Experience in inner-city ministry
- Experience with mental health care
- Experience or interest in teaching theology students
- Active in Canadian health, advocacy, or education communities
- Familiarity with grant writing
- Salary: Compensation to reflect candidate’s qualifications and experience
- Vacation: 4 weeks per year
- Study Leave: 2 week per year
To apply, please send a cover letter and resume to firstname.lastname@example.org
by November 19th 2017